Fox Blocks 6" Taper-Top Block
Model Number: 1638350
Menards® SKU: 1638350
Description & Documents
The Taper-Top Block from Fox Blocks typically makes up 1-2% of the ICF wall assembly on most residential and commercial jobs. This block has six strong full-length injection-molded plastic ties made from polypropylene regrind resin. These ties secure the two pieces of 1.5 pcf density modified expanded polystyrene foam together that make up each block type. The blocks are stacked tightly together and interlocked end-to-end to the desired wall length. Taper-Top Blocks are typically used at the top of the wall where the width of the concrete core needs to be increased to support other adjacent lateral loads (i.e. exterior roof truss loads, interior floor joist loads, etc.).
- The Fox Blocks insulating concrete forms are the best wall system to be used in a building envelope for obtaining a high Energy Star rating
- The Fox Blocks steady state R-Value is R-23 without concrete; R-12 both sides. This R-value is the same for below grade, above grade, residential, commercial projects. The R-Value is the same for any wall thickness.
- 16" high x 48" long; Foam is 2-5/8" thick
- Embedded anchors for easy installation of drywall and sidings directly to ICF wall; use course thread screws
- Includes six injected ties
- Easy to use, reversible, preassembled foam blocks reduce waste and increase speed of construction
- With the Fox Block ICF wall system all you need is a mesh and the acrylic coatings
Dimensions: 2.5" W x 48" L
Shipping Dimensions: 48.0 x 17.0 x 11.25
Shipping Weight: 48.1 lbs
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.
Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. While we do our best to provide accurate item availability information, we cannot guarantee in-stock status and availability as inventory is sold and received continuously throughout the day. Inventory last updated 12/19/2014 at 5:00am EST. Online orders and products purchased in-store qualify for rebate redemption. Rebates are provided in the form of a merchandise credit check which can only be used in a Menards store.