Product Review Guidelines
Product Review Guidelines
Menards product reviews are a great way for you to let us and others know your opinions on the items you have purchased. Your input not only assists us in providing better service and products, but it also helps build a more knowledgeable community of do-it-yourselfers, allowing our future guests to make more informed buying decisions. Creating a review is fast, fun and easy using your Menards.com account.
To begin writing your review, click on the “Write a Review” link near the top of any product page just beside the product’s rating. As a means of keeping our reviews respectable and free from unhelpful content, we require each reviewer to log in to his or her Menards.com account before starting. If you do not have an account, sign up today.
Share your experiences to help us in our goal of delivering service and quality.
The review process can be as simple or as in-depth as you make it. When creating your review, you can:
- Rate the product overall on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 star = poor; 5 stars = excellent).
- Give your review a unique title to help others know what your review is about.
- Write a few paragraphs about your experiences, opinions and likes or dislikes about the product.
- Preview and proofread your review before final submission to make sure you have included everything you want to say.
You can also rate the product on some of its more specific attributes, list a few pros and cons, attach pictures of your product in action and tell us if you would recommend it to a friend.
Whether your review is positive or negative, there are a few guidelines you should consider while writing:
- Focus on the product and describe one or two actual experiences you have had using it.
- Offer your opinion and be sure to tell why you like or dislike certain features about the product.
- Make it your own. A review worth reading is one with personality and style from the author.
Menards.com is a public and family-oriented website. As such, each submitted review is carefully read and evaluated by a third-party moderator to check for any inappropriate content. We ask that you refrain from submitting a review with any of the following:
- Obscenities, discriminatory language or any language that is not appropriate for public forums
- Advertisements, spam, URLs or references to other websites or offers
- References to pricing, other offers or other retailers
- Phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses or personal information of any kind
- References to other reviews or their authors for the intent of criticism or aggression.
While all reviews must meet our standards for appropriateness, some may contain content that is subjectively offensive to certain individuals. In such cases, Menards cannot be held liable for the opinions, preferences or actions of others.
Product reviews provide a way for our guests to give feedback on the quality and value of our products. A review should not be used to comment on personal experiences with Menards. If you have feedback on your shopping experience, use of the website or other matters pertaining to Menards, please use the Guest Services page to contact us.