Installing Porcelain Tile
Add value and appeal with easy-to-install flooring.
For indoor projects, floating porcelain tile, such as SnapStone® interlocking tile, is the most contractor-friendly method to installing your client’s new porcelain tile. Floating porcelain tile simplifies your installation by reducing prep time, materials and mess. Installation is faster than with other flooring because floating porcelain tile does not require cement board, special underlayments, or mortar and needs less subfloor preparation than regular porcelain tile installations. Tiles sit on an interlocking plastic tray with a non-skid base and can be installed directly over existing flooring surfaces including hardwood, vinyl, ceramic or concrete. The grid eliminates thinset or underlayment and makes for a perfect alignment. By cutting down on steps and time-consuming efforts, floating tile systems allow you to turn around a new floor for your homeowner in a day.
SnapStone® Interlocking Floating Porcelain Tile
SnapStone® provides indoor flooring that is quiet and durable. SnapStone® tile meets Commercial ASTM standards and IIC rating and exceeds most condo and apartment requirements for sound insulation. SnapStone® can earn up to 11 LEED® rating points. It is durable and comes with a 10-Year Limited Warranty. SnapStone® tile comes in multiple colors, patterns and designs to match your style and décor. Available at your local Menards®!
Advantages Of Floating Porcelain Tile
- Less floor prep – especially in remodeling.
- Easy installation – No need for specialized labor. Anyone can lay the tile and it can be laid from multiple directions.
- Quick installation – Tile can be laid and grouted on the same day. Self-aligning system ensures symmetrical grout lines without the need for spacers or grids.
- Installs over existing vinyl, hardwood, or tile floors – No need for time-consuming, costly tear out.
- Since it’s a floating surface, there’s no need to invest in time-consuming crack isolation systems.
Selling Points To Your Homeowners
- Adds value to any home
- Provides warmer flooring because it is not fixed to a sub-floor and absorbs more room temperature compared to traditional tile.
- Fast installation: Instead of the inconvenience of not having access to a room for days, floating tile can be installed in about a day.
- Easy maintenance
Menards® has the supplies and expertise you need to successfully install SnapStone® flooring on time and on budget. Come in to your local Menards®
to browse through samples, get ideas and price quotes and start your projects!