Xenon Cabinet Lights can be controlled independently and locally by using the Hi/Low rocker switch on each fixture. The simplest installation is a plug-in type where individual lights are turned on as needed. However, by adding a branch circuit with a dimmer controlling the lights, most brands of standard incandescent dimmers will work well with Xenon Cabinet Lights. For plug-in installations, connect the wall dimmer to a switched outlet branch circuit. For installations with the hardwire junction box, connect the wall dimmer to control the branch circuit to the hardwire box.
Xenon Cabinet Lights are easy to install, for either plug-in or hardwire installations. Keyhole slots and included mounting screws make the light fixtures installer-friendly. Bulbs are included and easy to install. For best results, do not touch the glass with bare hands. Oils from fingertips will cause the glass to have unequal surface temperatures, shortening the overall life. Use gloves or a tissue to hold the bulbs when installing into the bi-pin sockers in the fixture housing.
For plug-in use, everything is included with the fixture to install and link multiple fixtures. Up to ten fixtures can be powered with a single power cord. The power cord length can be customized for the installation by taking off the removable 120V plug, cutting the cord to length, and reattaching the plug.
For hardwire applications, a hardwire box (item number 346-6472) must be purchased separately. The linkable design allows several fixtures to quickly and easily be powered by one hardwire box. A centrally located power supply will allow up to ten fixtures to be linked to each of two power ports on the hardwire junction box. Hardwire installations require specific electrical expertise, so read the associated instructions before going forward with a DIY (do-it-yourself) install.
Three important things to remember:
1. If a hardwire installation is required, turn off the power at the source and make sure you have the electrical expertise required to perform the installation! If in doubt, consult a licensed electrical contractor in your area.
2. Avoid touching the bulbs with bare hands. Xenon bulbs get hot! Always allow them to cool off before handling.
3. For indoor use (dry locations) only.
- Easy to install - 120V plug-in design
- Includes six foot power cord, 120V xenon bulb, 24" linking cable, Hi/Low/Off rocker switch and mounting hardware
- Dimmable with standard incandescent dimmers
- Heavy duty steel housing with durable powder coat finish
- Linkable up to 600 watts
- Compatible with Hardwire Junction Box (sold separately)
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.