1. The cost is less for a 120V system.
2. 120V systems allow puck lights to be "daisy-chained" together instead of using the "hub" system. A linear linking arrangement is much better for getting power to several pucks because most puck lighting systems are linear in configuration.
3. 120V systems are quicker, easier and more logical to install.
Xenon Puck Lights offer high color rendering to show colors as they expected. They are also dimmable with most standard incandescent dimmers. The frosted lens softens the light and distributes it in an even "cone" pattern. These fixtures are have a very small initial cost due to their conventional, basic design. Each puck uses a 120V 20-watt xenon bi-pin bulb (included) that is rated for 8,000 hours of life (average). Xenon bulbs last four times longer than halogen!
If you want to hardwire the puck light system, use the hardwire junction box (item number 346-6472, purchased separately) and remember that you will need either a 12" or 24" linking extension (purchase separately, in either Black or White) to connect the first puck light to the junction box. A centrally located hardwire junction box can power ten puck lights in each direction -- but you will need to combine multiple 3- and 5-packs to achieve this -- see instruction sheet for detailed illustrations.
Three important things to remember:
1. The maximum number of Xenon Puck Lights that can be connected to one power cord or one hardwire junction port is ten, but the single puck lights are NOT LINKABLE. You would need to combine multiple 3-packs and 5-packs to achieve a ten light configuration. See instructios for detailed illustrations.
2. When using a hardwire junction box (purchased separately), you will also need to purchase a 12" or 24" linking extension to go between the hardwire junction box and the first puck light in the run.
3. For indoor use (dry locations) only.
- Easy to install - 120V plug-in design
- Includes (5) puck lights, six foot power cord with roll switch, (4) 12" linking extensions, (5) 120V xenon bulbs and mounting hardware
- Dimmable with standard incandescent dimmers
- Recess or surface mount
- Compatible with Hardwire Junction Box (sold separately)
- Easy to link - combine multiple 3- or 5-packs to create longer runs
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.