Use these to reduce heat and eliminate frequent bulb replacements. Replacing conventional 12V puck light bulbs can be time consuming and challenging for several reasons:
1. 12V puck light bulbs usually need to be purchased from specialty stores (they are not available at grocery stores or smaller hardware stores).
2. The life of xenon and halogen bulbs will be reduced if you touch the glass with bare hands (so you have to use tissue or gloves when handling them).
3. Frequent bi-pin bulb replacements loosens the bi-pin socket inside the housing, and degrades the contact points inside the socket, reducing the fixture's life significantly.
Avoid the hassles associated with other 12V light sources and make a switch to LED with a rated life of 30,000 hours. (That's more than 13 years when used an average of 6 hours per day, every day).
Important things to remember:
1. Turn off power to the fixture(s) and allow bulbs to cool, if they have been runnning, before attempting to replace bulbs.
2. For use with 12V sockets only (G4 type), not for use with 120V bi-pin sockets (G8 type).
3. For indoor use (dry locations) only.
- Replaces 12V halogen and xenon G4 bulbs
- Includes 4 LEDs and G4 bipin base for 12V sockets
- Save up to 85% over incandescent sources
- Energy effiicient - uses only 0.8 Watt
- Long life LEDs last up to 30,000 hours, eliminating frequent bulb replacements