Description & Documents
Constructed of heavy galvanized steel, Bilco stair stringers are an economical and more durable alternative to wood stair stringers for your basement areaway. Stringer sizes are available for all Bilco basement door sizes, and with removable treads, bulky items such as furnaces or freezers can easily be moved into your basement. Installation of a Bilco stair stringer is quick and straightforward. Simply nail the stringers to the areaway sidewalls using the masonry nails supplied. Then, cut the wooden treads to the required length from standard 2" x 10" lumber and anchor them in position with the nails provided.
- Constructed of 14-gauge galvanized steel for long lasting service
- Designed with slots to accept eight treads
- Treads should be cut from standard 2" x 10" lumber (wood not supplied)
- Removable treads allow bulky items to easily be moved into the basement
- Compliant with IRC 2012 Building Code Requirements for emergency egress
- Easy to install and less labor intensive than wooden stair stingers
- Model# SZC-SS
- Made in USA
Dimensions: 11.5" W x 91.75" L x 2.5" H
Brand Name: Bilco
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.
Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. While we do our best to provide accurate item availability information, we cannot guarantee in-stock status and availability as inventory is sold and received continuously throughout the day. Inventory last updated 12/1/2015 at 5:00am EST. Online orders and products purchased in-store qualify for rebate redemption. Rebates are provided in the form of a merchandise credit check which can only be used in a Menards® store.