Description & Documents
The TA51 Foundation Strap 2-1/16" X 48-1/4" offers an economical, one-piece method of achieving a continuous load path from a 2 x 8, 2 x 10, 2 x 12, or 2 x 14 rim joist through concrete block to foundation. All models require a 6" embedment into concrete footings. Constructed of 12 gauge steel with G90 galvanizing finish.
- Use all specified fasteners: see PDF below for complete fastener schedule based on uplift load
- Not for use with treated lumber.
- Allowable loads are based on either nail fastening or bolt fastening; nail and bolt values cannot be combined
- Install by inserting product into footing's wet concrete All models require a 6" embedment into concrete foundations. Courses of concrete block must be laid over connector. Notch mudsill at connector locations. Wrap strap over rim joist and fasten.
- Do not rely on these straps to secure concrete sections together between cold joints; take other measurs to transfer the load. If there is a cold joint between block and foundation, the minimum embedment must be made into the foundation.
- Based on product embedment the exposed number of fastener holes may be reduced. Using fewer fasteners will reduce allowbale loads. Reduce allowable loads by the code prescribed allowable load per fastener, for each fastener not installed.
- Allowable loads are based on a minimum concrete compressive strength of 2000 psi at 28 days.
Brand Name: USP Structural Connectors
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.