Description & Documents
The STAD14RJ Foundation Strap Rim Joist includes coined dimples below the embedment line to allow for increased concrete bonding. The holdowns retain high uplift capacity even when installed at corners of foundation stemwalls. It is ideal for use with built up 2x end posts. It is constructed of 12-gauge steel with a G90 galvanizing finish.
- Use all specified fasteners (thirty-eight 16d sinker nails) The bottom two nails are for form board attachment only and do not contribute to fastener schedule requirements
- Not for use with treated lumber
- Rim joist model provides for a 17" clear span without the loss of strap nailing
- Embed holdown in concrete to the embedment line (bend line)
- Bending the strap horizontally 90 degrees to facilitate wall placement may cause concrete behind the embedded strap to break away at the top edge (spalling). If the spall is 1" or less from the top edge of the concrete, no load reduction is necessary. If the spall is between 1" and 4" the allowable load is .90 of the published chart load
- When installing on lumber less than 3-1/2" wide, wood splitting may occur. To reduce splitting, use 10d x 1-1/2" nails or fill every other hold with 16d common nails. Reduce allowable loads per code requirements accordingly
- These straps do not secure concrete sections together at cold joints; take other measures to transfer the load. If there is a cold joint between slab and foundation, the minimum embedment must be made into the foundation. Fastening opportunities may be reduced because the slab pour level may be higher than some nail holes. Using fewer fasteners will reduce allowable loads. Reduce allowable load by the code capacity for each fastener not installed
- To achive full loads, the minimum center-to-center spacing is twice the embedment depth (IE) when resisting tension loads at the same time
- Where fewer fasteners are used in the structural wood member, reduce loads according to the code
- There may be an increase in the amount of deflection if the strap is installed on the outide of the sheathing, versus directly to the framing members
Brand Name: USP
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.
Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. While we do our best to provide accurate item availability information, we cannot guarantee in-stock status and availability as inventory is sold and received continuously throughout the day. Inventory last updated 2/12/2016 at 5:00am EST. Online orders and products purchased in-store qualify for rebate redemption. Rebates are provided in the form of a merchandise credit check which can only be used in a Menards® store.