Description & Documents
The TD5 Holdown 2-7/8" X 6-3/8" has a welded design to achieve a great deal of versatility and features a self-jigging design with code required end distances built in. Constructed of 7 gauge steel with primer paint finish.
- Use all specified fasteners: 3/4" anchor bolt and 2 3/4" bolts
- Not for use with treated lumber.
- Do not use lag bolts. Washers are not required for anchor bolts or between holdown and bolt hex head, but standard washers should be used against stud or post under the nut.
- Bolt holes should be a minimum of 1/32" to a maximum of 1/16" larger than the bolt diameter as per NDS specifications.
- A design professional shall determine the adequacy of the stud to resist published loads. When installing to multi-ply 2x studs, the designer must specify the fasteners required to blind the plies together and resist splitting.
- Self-jigging models are designed to provide the required minimum end distance of 7 bolt diameters from the bottom of the stud or post the the centerline of the first bolt hole.
- Tighten anchor bolt nuts to finger tight, plus 1/3 to 1/2 additional turns with a wrench. Wood members may shrink over time; if possible, nut tightness should be checked periodically. To precent loosening of the anchor bolt nut during critical loading, use a locking nut or tighten a second nut over the first to lock nuts in place.
- If used to anchor a built-up post, such as a double 2 x 4, the post component shall be designed to act as a single unit. Holdown fasteners specified shall not be considered to attach multiple plies together.
Brand Name: USP Structural Connectors
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.
Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. While we do our best to provide accurate item availability information, we cannot guarantee in-stock status and availability as inventory is sold and received continuously throughout the day. Inventory last updated 1/27/2015 at 5:00am EST. Online orders and products purchased in-store qualify for rebate redemption. Rebates are provided in the form of a merchandise credit check which can only be used in a Menards store.