Grip-Tooth Bridging 2" X 10", 16" O.C.
Model Number: MBG1016
Menards® SKU: 2271141
Everyday Low Price: $0.70
11% Mail-In Rebate: $0.08
Your Final Price: $0.62
after Mail-In Rebate
* The displayed price after rebate shows your estimated product price after rebate.
Rebate is in the form of a merchandise credit check which may only be redeemed
in store. Some exclusions apply.
Learn More >
Description & Documents
The MBG1016 Grip-Tooth Bridging 2" X 10", 16" O.C. features special teeth which grip joists and provide easy single-nail installation. Can be installed after subfloor is in place. Constructed of 22 gauge steel with G90 galvanizing finish.
- Use all specified fasteners: 1 8d X 1-1/2" nail.
- Not for use with treated lumber.
- Bridging should be installed on floor joists with a nominal depth-to-thickness ratio of 5 to 6 or more (2005 National Design Specification for Wood Construction; Section 4.4.1). Bridging units should be installed in pairs at intervals of 8' or less. Bridging pairs should form an "X" between joists; leave a slight space between the units to avoid noise-generating contact. Follow specific installation instructions below for particular models.
- May be installed before or after sheathing. Position the unbent end of the bridging unit near the top of the joist and drive prongs into wood with a hammer blow to the heel of the bent end. Wedge bent end near the lower edge of the opposite joist, set teeth into wood with hammer blow. Nail holes are provided at the bent end if prongs are damaged during installation. Fully seat nails to avoid any movement against the bridging and subsequent floor noise.
Shipping Dimensions: 17.0 x 1.0 x 0.75
Shipping Weight: 0.1 lbs
Brand Name: USP Structural Connectors
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.
Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. While we do our best to provide accurate item availability information, we cannot guarantee in-stock status and availability as inventory is sold and received continuously throughout the day. Inventory last updated 1/26/2015 at 5:00am EST. Online orders and products purchased in-store qualify for rebate redemption. Rebates are provided in the form of a merchandise credit check which can only be used in a Menards store.