Speed Bridging 2" X 8-10-12", 16" O.C.
Model Number: MB16
Menards® SKU: 2271468
Everyday Low Price: $0.89
11% Mail-In Rebate: $0.10
Your Final Price: $0.79
after Mail-In Rebate
* The displayed price after rebate shows your estimated product price after rebate.
Rebate is in the form of a merchandise credit check which may only be redeemed
in store. Some exclusions apply.
Learn More >
Description & Documents
The MB16 Speed Bridging 2" X 8-10-12", 16" O.C. is snap-on, no-nail bridging that can be placed in existing floor systems where joist movement is suspected. Two-piece construction creates a solid diagonal brace against joist movement. Constructed of 22 gauge steel wit G90 galvanizing finish.
- Does not require fasteners.
- Not for use with treated lumber.
- Bridging should be installed on floor joists with a nominal depth-to-thickness ratio of 5 to 6 or more (2005 National Design Specification for Wood Construction; Section 4.4.1). Bridging units should be installed in pairs at intervals of 8' or less. Bridging pairs should form an "X" between joists; leave a slight space between the units to avoid noise-generating contact. Follow specific installation instructions below for particular models.
- Two-piece unit is shipped as one piece. Bend unit in center up and down to break into two pieces. Slide narrower piece inside wider piece, setting the end tab into slot appropriate for joist spacing. Setting one prong end near the top of one joist and the opposite prong end near the bottom of the opposite joist, pull down on the center of the bridging until the wider piece snaps into place over the narrower piece and creates a rigid, one-piece bridging unit. Wear gloves during installation.
Shipping Dimensions: 22.0 x 1.0 x 1.0
Shipping Weight: 0.3 lbs
Brand Name: USP Structural Connectors
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.
Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. While we do our best to provide accurate item availability information, we cannot guarantee in-stock status and availability as inventory is sold and received continuously throughout the day. Inventory last updated 1/28/2015 at 5:00am EST. Online orders and products purchased in-store qualify for rebate redemption. Rebates are provided in the form of a merchandise credit check which can only be used in a Menards store.