Description & Documents
The 31-24 Stabilizer 24" Truss Brace and Spacer (50/Box) provides temporary construction bracing in the roof and ceiling planes, as well as permanent lateral bracing for webs as specified by your truss engineering. They are easily installed by embedding the patented MII 20 teeth on the top flange straight into the edge of the truss member to be braced with a framing hammer. The side tabs are then secured by driving the teeth into the face of the truss member being braced. It is made of 20-gauge steel with a G90 galvanizing finish.
- No additional fasteners required
- Intended for standard 24" o.c. spacing. For odd spacing, cut and insert a solid block between the trusses
- Not for use with treated lumber
- Typically installed at 6' - 8' centers along the roof plane and 10' - 15' along the ceiling plane (refer to engineering specifications BCSI 1-03, published by The Truss Plate Institute, for specific bracing requirements)
- Must be supplemented with diagonal bracing in the roof and ceiling planes and cross bracing in the web plane at required intervals
- Web forces are not to exceed 8,000 lb.
- Properly installed when the top flap and side tabs are flush with the member being braced
- Important: the erection contractor is responsible for determining and installing the temporary bracing for the structure, including the trusses. It is most important for the installer to provide adequate means for bracing the first truss installed. The performance of the entire bracing system depends on the adequacy of the ground bracing or other means of bracing the first group of trusses installed. The building designer is responsible for the permanent bracing design of the overall structure including the truss. This incldues the design of required supplemental diagonal and cross bracing
Brand Name: USP
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.
Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. While we do our best to provide accurate item availability information, we cannot guarantee in-stock status and availability as inventory is sold and received continuously throughout the day. Inventory last updated 2/5/2016 at 5:00am EST. Online orders and products purchased in-store qualify for rebate redemption. Rebates are provided in the form of a merchandise credit check which can only be used in a Menards® store.