Description & Documents
The HC520 Rafter Tie 4" x 1-1/2" x 2" x 1-5/8" ties trusses and rafters to top plates and may be used to tie wood framing members to resist uplift and lateral forces. Constructed of 18 gauge steel with G90 galvanizing finish.
- Use all specified fasteners: 11 8d nails for plate, 6 8d nails for stud.
- Not for use with treated lumber.
- All nail holes must be filled with specified nails.
- Depending on pitch, birdsmouth notching may be required with some models to enable installers to fill all nail holes.
- Designer shall determine if solid blocking is required.
Brand Name: USP Structural Connectors
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.