Stiebel Eltron DHC 10-2 9.6 kW Point-of-Use Tankless Electric Water Heater
Model Number: DHC_10-2
Menards® SKU: 6834400
Description & Documents
Stiebel Eltron developed tankless electric water heating technology in 1924 and continues as the industry pioneer and world leader. Our engineering and manufacturing tradition of excellence means you can depend on the performance and reliability of our products. Instead of storing hot water, DHC models are tankless, heating water instantaneously and endlessly as it flows through the unit. They are 99% efficient, and, unlike tank-type water heaters, have no stand-by energy losses. Installation should be as close to your draw off point as possible to make the wait for hot water as short as possible and maximize energy savings. No venting is necessary, and the sleek, compact European design even allows for installation with the unit visible. DHC models are ideal for residential and commercial point-of-use sink applications including: bathrooms, cabins and cottages, office buildings, stores, malls, warehouses, restaurants, and gas stations. DHC models are sized based on the flow rate of the sink you are plumbing for hot water. The temperature of the hot water delivered by a DHC depends on the temperature of the incoming cold water, the water flow through the unit, and the size of the DHC model that is installed. DHC models excel at supplying water at a constant temperature rise but must be carefully matched to the application in order to operate properly. Refer to the DHC Sizing Guide and Temperature Rise Chart under Technical Specifications' to determine which model you need. Call Stiebel Eltron at 800.582.8423 if you have any sizing questions.
- Professional installation recommended
- DHC 10-2 tankless electric water heaters are designed to provide hot water for 1 medium-flow or high-flow lavatory, kitchen, or utility sink in warm or cool climates but check the DHC Sizing Guide to make sure this model is right for your application
- DHC 10-2 models require 240/208 volt electric service with 1 dedicated 40 amp breaker and 8 gauge copper wiring for 208 service or 1 dedicated 50 amp breaker and 8 gauge copper wiring for 240 service
- DHC models excel at supplying water at a constant temperature rise but the model size must be carefully matched to the application in order to operate properly
- DHC tankless electric water heaters do not need pressure relief valves, drains, or circulating pumps
- The sleek European design is considerably smaller than a tank, saving space and allowing flexibility to determine the best location for installation
- DHC units must be installed vertically with the water fittings pointing down
- DHC tankless water heaters are ETL Listed for compliance with CSA and UL safety standards in the US and Canada; exempt from seismic code
- Water connections for DHC water heaters are 1/2 in. NPT and should be detachable (such as braided steel flex connectors or isolation valves) to allow for easy servicing of the unit
- Overheat safety protection and thermal protection reset are standard
- See warranty for complete details of the 3-year residential and commercial warranty against defects in workmanship and materials and 7-year warranty against leakage under normal use
Dimensions: 7 7/8" W x 14 1/8" H x 4 1/5" D
Shipping Dimensions: 19.0 x 9.5 x 5.5
Shipping Weight: 6.5 lbs
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.
|Power Type : Electric
||Heating Element Wattage : 9,600; 7,200
|Voltage Rating: 240; 208
||Water Connection Size: 1/2"
|Product Warranty: 7-Year Tank 3-Year Parts Limited Warranty
||Listing Agency Standards: ETL; ANSI/UL Std. 499; CAN/CSA E335-1 & E335-2-35; WQA NSF/ANSI 372; ISO 9001 Certified
Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. While we do our best to provide accurate item availability information, we cannot guarantee in-stock status and availability as inventory is sold and received continuously throughout the day. Inventory last updated 7/27/2015 at 5:00am EST. Online orders and products purchased in-store qualify for rebate redemption. Rebates are provided in the form of a merchandise credit check which can only be used in a Menards® store.