Stiebel Eltron Tempra 29 28.8 kW Whole House Electric Tankless Water Heater
Model Number: Tempra_29
Menards® SKU: 6834600
Description & Documents
Stiebel Eltron developed tankless electric water heating technology in 1924 and continues as the industry pioneer and world leader. Our engineering and manufacturing tradition of excellence means you can depend on the performance and reliability of our products. Tempra models are whole house tankless electric water heaters, never wasting energy storing hot water, but delivering it as you need it, for as long as you need it. Tempra tankless electric water heaters are 99% efficient and use only the amount of energy necessary to heat the water needed. They typically result in savings of 15-20% in comparison with electric tank-type water heaters. The compact design needs no venting, allowing installation close to your draw off points, making your wait for hot water as short as possible and maximizing your energy savings. Tempra water heaters supply water at a constant temperature from 86 to 140 degrees F that is adjustable on the front panel. We recommend setting the actual highest temperature you use, typically 107 degrees F for a shower. Tempra Plus models incorporate an Advanced Flow Control that automatically reduces flow to deliver water at the set point if demand exceeds capacity. Regular Tempra models do not have this feature and should be considered if this is not of concern. Tempra tankless water heaters are sized based on the number of bathrooms and your climate. Refer to the Tempra Sizing Guide under 'Technical Specifications' to determine which model you need. Call Stiebel Eltron at 800.582.8423 if you have high flow showers, or any sizing questions. Tempra 29 models have a power draw of 120 amps and you should check the size of the electrical service to the house before considering this model.
- Professional installation recommended
- Tempra 24 models provide hot water for 1 or 2 bathrooms in warm climates, or 1 bathroom in cool climates but check the Tempra Sizing Guide to make sure this model is right for your application
- Tempra 29 models require 240 or 208 volt electric service, with a maximum draw of 21,600 watts at 208 volts or 28,800 watts at 240 volts
- Tempra 29 has a power draw of 120 amps via 3 separate 50 amp breakers with 8 gauge copper wiring
- The sleek European design is considerably smaller than a tank, saving space and allowing flexibility to determine the best location for installation; Tempra units must be installed vertically with the water fittings pointing down
- Tempra tankless water heaters work better than tank-type water heaters in hard water environments because they can be set to lower temperatures, which minimizes scale formation
- Water connections for Tempra water heaters must be detachable (such as braided steel flex connectors) to allow periodic filter cleaning, including flushing for scale if hard water is present
- Tempra tankless water heaters are ETL Listed for compliance with CSA and UL safety standards in the US and Canada; and are exempt from seismic code
- Overheat safety protection and thermal protection reset is standard
- See warranty for complete details of the 3-year residential and commercial warranty against defects in workmanship and materials and 7-year warranty against leakage under normal use
Dimensions: 14 1/2" W x 16 1/2" H x 4 1/2" D
Shipping Dimensions: 21.5 x 19.5 x 8.5
Shipping Weight: 23.0 lbs
To read PDF files, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher. If you don't have it, click here and download it for free from Adobe's site.
|Power Type : Electric
||Heating Element Wattage : 28800
|Voltage Rating: 240; 208
||Water Connection Size: 3/4"
|Product Warranty: 7-Year Tank 3-Year Parts Limited Warranty
||Listing Agency Standards: ETL; ANSI/UL Std. 499; CAN/CSA E335-1 & E335-2-35; WQA NSF/ANSI 372; ISO 9001 Certified
Please Note: Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. While we do our best to provide accurate item availability information, we cannot guarantee in-stock status and availability as inventory is sold and received continuously throughout the day. Inventory last updated 7/27/2015 at 5:00am EST. Online orders and products purchased in-store qualify for rebate redemption. Rebates are provided in the form of a merchandise credit check which can only be used in a Menards® store.